"I want to thank you for your support while shooting in Jodhpur, Rajasthan for our documentary project...I am sure we have achieved a great production." –Alexa Jacobs - N. V. Film Corporations, UK
"A quick note to say what a wonderful job your team did for me on my shoot in India. I thanked them myself, but wanted you to know when you were away for your production." –Ethan Carr - Ethan & Friends Telefilms, Australia
"Thank you for everything, organizing the crane at such short notice and providing us with a great camera man and his team.." –Marshall Cook - A to Z Film Company, Brazil
"Thank you so much for all your hard work you have done for us. Please pass on my thanks to all the crew who did a fantastic job." –Marshall Cook - Peter Hutson - Inde Film Director
"I have no words to express my happiness when we were shooting in Banaras. It was looking impossible to shoot there with such a huge crowd but you made it possible for us." –Teresa Cain - Egypt
How do I apply to join Cinedreams Productions Casting Agency?
1. When you register to join Cinedreams Productions , we ask that you complete the online registration form
(You must have a cellphone number in order to register with us. Performers are notified about all Castings via email/sms.)
2. Submit 2 photos(headshots) of yourself & 1 full length photo. They needn't be professional photos, but they must have been taken recently & clear.
3. We do not charge Actors/Writers for submitting their profiles online
4. Our service is completely free of cost. We do not charge any fees to be with us and also no fees is application for appearing for auditions.
What happens next?
Once Cinedreams Productions has completed the necessary amendments to your shots, we use these pictures as a reference for ourselves and for our clients. We also distribute them to these clients upon request. We will also include them in our online Casting Directory. This directory is viewed mainly by Casting Directors, Production Companies & Advertising Agencies. It should be stressed that no agency can guarantee work for anyone on their books. Our policy, however, is to represent and promote you in the best ways possible.
Clients are increasingly using the internet for accessing casting databases, when searching for cast. This technology enables us to access a far greater volume of clients for you, both locally and internationally. We do not display any details other than your first name(no surnames),age, height, hair colour ,skills etc . Should you have any concerns about this facility please speak to us.
How does Cinedreams operate?
Cinedreams Productions represents, promotes and arranges details of jobs. We liaise on your behalf with our clients. Once you have completed a shoot, we will invoice clients and as soon as payment has been received, we pay you. We only issue payment upon receipt of client's payments. For these reasons the agency deducts a commission on all monies earned.
How do Castings work?
It's quite simple. We receive a brief from the client for a specific job, together with audition and venue details. We submit your photos, or selection of photos of those who meet the criteria. Upon confirmation from the client, we then contact you with this information and confirm your attendance. We will tell you of any particular dress code that has been stipulated, which product the casting is for and the exact times and dates for when you will be required for the shoot, should you be successful. All performers must keep to the arranged casting times. After the casting, you need to do nothing else. The client will never call you directly; they will call the agency to book you for a job. The selection for any part is not made by Cinedreams Productions, it's always made by the client and their decision is seldom made on the day of the casting. It can take several days before final selections are made. Our duty as an agency is to provide suitable people who fit the specifications given to us by the client.
What must I wear to a casting?
We will always tell you prior to casting, what you should wear. Avoid solid whites, luminous colours, and busy patterns. Wear nice, comfortable clothes in solid colours (blue/red/green) or neutral tones. If you do not feel comfortable in the clothing, it will show.
Jeans are a gamble. Wear them only if they are clean and if they are appropriate for the role. Some casting directors don't like jeans and others don't mind. You have to decide if you are willing to take that chance with your first impression. For guys, a collared shirt is always a good idea or if you have a nicely toned physique a body- hugging T-Shirt will be fine.
Clothing should be comfortable enough to allow you to move without feeling constrained. The fit and colours should flatter your skintone and body type.
If you are auditioning for the part of a doctor, wear something white, loose and casual. If you are auditioning for a seductive role, wear something elegant that shows off your figure. If you do not feel comfortable in the clothing, it will show.
Please do not go to the expense of hiring a costume for a casting, even though you're trying to impress the casting director, it seldom gets you the role. Rather, use your creativity & piece together an outfit from within your own wardrobe.
Take with a prop to the casting to make your character more believable, like a hat, cane, tennis racket, guitar, whistle, scarf etc.
Dramatic Roles: Don't wear heavy mascara if you going to cry... It will ALWAYS run!
Do you only take thin people on your books?
Today, looking charactery is "in",so whether you're skinny or rotund, you're still in demand for shoots. What you call imperfections in your appearance, actually make you interesting to look at. There is nothing you can do about beautiful model clones who attending the same casting as you. They are not your business. Comparing yourself with others at a casting is a deadly quicksand, so don't step in it. JUST BE YOURSELF!
What happens when I get the part?
There is often very little notice given to the agency when you're chosen. We should have your correct details on file so we can call you at any time .It's imperative that you notify us of new cellphone numbers. We'll always try to give you as much notice as possible. We will give you full details of the location , calltime & dresscode as soon as we have been given them. If you do not arrive on set, after being booked for the shoot, we will immediately take you off our books. A shoot can vary in length, but it's important that you make yourself available for the entire day, freeing yourself of all work commitments & appointments. After completing the shoot, make sure that you always sign the time sheet that is issued to you by the Production Company on that day. Do not go to a casting if you know you are going away on vacation soon after.
How much can I earn?
The amount you earn for a job depends entirely on whether the work is for a print ad, a fashion shoot, a tv commercial,in a lead role,as a walk on or as a background extra.
How does payment work?
We must inform you that some clients take up to 3 months to settle their accounts, however invoices from Cinedreams Productions ask for a 60 day payment.(You never pay a casting director to cast you, they are employed by Production Companies.)You do not get paid to go to castings, you only get paid if you are chosen to be in a shoot. Blackmailing Cinedreams Productions for higher fees,or failing to show up on set, after you have agreed to the job is unacceptable.
When should I update my photos and details?
You need to register with us online, log in into your account an update your mobile number, photographs totally free of cost.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THESE BASIC RULES!
1. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you arrive at jobs and castings ON TIME .
2. If you cannot make it to a casting or job you MUST let us know immediately.
4. Should any person be forwarded for work with Cinedreams Productions before they have decided to proceed with joining the agency, work which is then accepted and attended, Cinedreams Productions,reserves the right to claim any fees earned by that person in the event that they then decide not to proceed with joining.
5. If whilst on set/at casting ,a relative or friend of the applicant/performer is asked to participate/perform/act in the shoot ,that friend/relative will automatically be represented by Cinedreams Productions and all payments will be made through Cinedreams Productions. Failure to comply with this rule will result in legal action.
6. Call us after every job with times worked as most shoots are open-ended (excluding castings). Ensure that you always complete the release form / time sheet that will be issued to you that day.
7. Take snacks/drinks/food along. Do not rely on clients to feed you on jobs although most of them do if you are booked all day .Clients cannot be expected to supply food for those with special dietary needs.
8.Please take along books, magazines etc. There may be long gaps between shots and you may become a little bored.
9. It is your responsibility to be considerate of others on set, as poor conduct could result in the loss of future contracts for you and Cinedreams Productions.
11.Cinedreams Productions reserves the right to remove anyone from our website. Cinedreams Productions are known in the industry for displaying highly accurate details of all their people. It is your responsibility to ensure that the agency are provided with up-to-date details, like new clothing sizes or cellphone numbers or.
12.Poor, or rude conduct displayed by any performer towards any client or Cinedreams Productions agency member, would also fall within this 'right to remove' category. The agencies decision is final.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) For Writers
1. Do not submit unregistered work with us
2. Do not upload complete scripts
3. Your one liner/synopsis should not be more than 2 pages
4. We receive work from many aspiring writers from across the globe so there is no immediate guarantee of your work getting noticed or work
5. Our process takes in between three months to one year to revert back on work submitted by you.
6. We do not charge any registration fees to any writer.
7. Copyright charges, registration charges and any other charges pertaining to register your work needs to be borne by you
8. Mobile number is mandatory for submitting all work as we have automated system where the writers gets notification through mobile notification system
9. No phone calls will be entertained unless your work gets selected or viewed by our team
10. Writers are requested to keep a tab on our website to get updates on the work submitted to us.